Thursday, March 12, 2009

Diggnation on Late Night

Sorry I havent updated this bad boy for a whopping 6 days (I still consider this Wednesday)! The truth of the matter is that I really havent thought about it.  Terrible, I know.

Now, however, I do have something to say.

I watched 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon' tonight.  Its only the second time Ive ever seen it (its only been on 7 other times), and Im still not sure how I feel about it.  But Im not here to talk about the show Im here to talk about the show.  This episode anyway.  Tonight his guests were Russel Brand (hilarious as only a british person can be) and our friends Kevin and Alex from Diggnation.

Let that blow your mind for a second.

OK.  I dont know if Im the only one, but I find it amazing that a couple of dudes that sit on a couch and talk about news stories on the internet have made it on a late night talk show.  This is definitely a huge step for all us nerds everywhere.  I can appreciate what Jimmy is trying to do with this show.  He knows who his audience is: the 20 - 30 somethings that grew up with the internet and are big fat nerds.

It was nice to see some fellow geeks on national television, and I hope to see more follow in Jimmy's footsteps.

Also some more nerd links: Project Lore (for you WoW nerds (I know I already linked it)) and The Totally Rad Show (basically a review show for everything from TV shows to comic books).  Check 'em out!


No comments: