Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This is a serious song!

Im going to see Death Cab for Cutie when they come to Louisville in April ('I cant wait' doesnt even begin to describe it). Ill be the first to admit, at the start I didnt like them. I just thought it was some guy whining about losing his girlfriend and being lonely. Oh how wrong I was. Sure thats what a lot of their songs are about but they do it so...well. It makes you almost feel sad for the people Ben sings about, though not the singer himself (Ill never forgive you for this Gibbard!).

Anyway, I was watching some Decemberists videos on YouTube, which is how most of my YouTubing time is spent, and I came across some Ben Gibbard videos. Dont ask how it happened just go with me here. He, apparently, is a man who likes his covers. Who among us doesnt, I ask you? I found this little gem among a pile of other gems.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

Tabitha said...

i'll be the first to admit i didn't know that Ben Gibbard and the Death Cab guy were the same person...tho i did like them both.

rcpeck said...

Let me blow your mind even more Tabitha; Ben Gibbard, Death Cab guy, AND POSTAL SERVICE GUY ARE ALL THE SAME PERSON!!!

Brian said...

I thought I showed you this long ago. Also I was very disappointed that the Nirvana cover had really bad audio.

Brian said...

and yes I do post comments like I own the place...